Fellas! Get Yourself "Date Ready" With These 10 Easy Steps
A first date can be nerve-wracking. After all, it’s just like a job interview: You’re trying to see if you’re the right fit for each other. To make sure you make a great first impression, we’ve put together this men’s grooming checklist that covers all the bases. Just follow these suggestions to increase your chances of scoring a second date:
1. Shave. Unkempt facial hair can make you look homeless, which is not the impression you want to give. When shaving, get a closer shave by using a Men's shaving Gel. Follow up with a Men's Aftershave to soothe your skin and reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. Also, make sure you’re not committing these common shaving mistakes.
2. Don’t spray on too much cologne. Cologne is a great way to smell good for your date, but you can have too much of a good thing. More than 2-3 sprays of cologne can overwhelm the room, making your date head for the hills. Just a few sprays will get you through the evening. If in doubt, skip the cologne.
3. Don’t use too much hair gel or hair pomade. Too much Men's hair products which can give your hair a crunchy look or a greasy look, respectively. Use only as directed to achieve your look with maximum hold. Practice styling a few days before so that it’s perfect for the big day.
4. Start exfoliating a few days before your date. Exfoliation helps get rid of dead skin cells, revealing a more youthful complexion. Using a Men's face scrub 2-3 times a week can revitalize your appearance and help you put your best face forward for your date.
5. Cut your nails. You may not pay much attention to your nails, but your date surely will. Dirt and other debris can get trapped under our nails easily, so keep them neatly trimmed with a nail clipper. While you’re at it, clip your toenails too.
6. Wear odourless Deodorant.The strong fragrances found in many men’s deodorants may conflict with the smell of your cologne, which in turn overpowers your date’s sense of smell.
7. Take care of your teeth. Before your date, brush your teeth and use mouthwash to battle bad breath. Consider using whitening strips if your teeth have a yellowish tinge and always have breath mints on hand or in your car.
8. Get rid of acne. A Men's acne cream with benzoyl peroxide can eliminate pimples in just 24-48 hours. So at the first hint of a pimple popping up, apply some acne cream to eliminate it in time for your date. Whatever you do, don’t pop it – you risk infection and scarring.
9. Be on time. Whether you’re picking up your date up at their house or meeting up somewhere, being punctual is crucial. Leave a little earlier than you normally would and be sure to check local traffic reports to avoid any surprises on the road.
10. Enjoy yourself. If you’re not having fun, your date won’t be having fun. Whatever you’re doing together – a movie, dinner or something else – make an effort to give it your all. If there are sparks, great. If there’s no connection, cut your losses.
With love and service. xx